Wheat Farming: Plant this kind of wheat before November 20th to have a greater return
The changing patterns in weather conditions such as rain, wind, sunshine, hailstorm, etc. have made the older varieties of wheat to be ineffective in procuring high yield. So today, researchers all over the world are working to develop new varieties of wheat that could sustain the weather changes and give a high yield. Wheat is one of the most staple food is consumed by the large population in different forms. So its high yield is of utmost importance to feed a population of over 7 billion all over the world and over 1.25 billion in India.
Timely sowing of seeds is essential to get the best yield for most of the crops including wheat. The best sowing season for wheat is the first half of November. We have a much high yielding variety of wheat which when sown timely gives you the best result. Padgilwar Corporation of Pune always strives to help farmers of India in providing agricultural products and services. Today, through this blog, Padcorp makes you aware of the high yielding varieties of wheat to be sown in November.
DBW 222 a recent variety of wheat developed at CIMMYT, Mexico when sown timely shows excellent resistance to the weather changes and thus performs excellently. It is best for the North-Western Plains Zone of India. This high yielding variety of wheat has the following chief characteristics:
- It has an average yield of 6130 kg/ha, which is much higher than most of the existing varieties.
- Flowers in about 95 days and matures in 143 days.
- The variety shows tolerance to waterlogging problems.
- The variety best performs when sown early in November but it also shows good yields relatively high for late sowing.
- Shows tolerance against natural infection such as yellow rust and also against leaf rust.
- DBW222 has better protein quality.
- The genotype has a perfect Glu-1 score of 10, shows better chapatti quality and higher loaf volume.
This high yielding responsive wheat genotype was developed by ICAR – Indian Institute of Wheat and Barley Research, Karnal. The variety has a robust stem and a large compact spike. It shows higher stability across the locations even to sown late. The genotype has exceptional features:
- Has an average yield of 75.5 q/ha and a potential yield of 96.6 q/ha.
- It has high heat tolerance showing the lowest Heat Sensitivity Index (0.82).
- The variety shows resistance against most virulent and prevalent infections such as yellow and brown rust.
- It also shows resistance against wheat blasts and other foliar diseases.
- The genotype has a high protein content of 12% and has a good grain appearance.
- It results in better quality bread and chapatti.
Hi 8759 (Puja Tejas)
This variety of wheat was developed in the Agricultural Research Center of Indore. It’s a very recent variety developed only in 2016 to increase the yield of wheat in Central India. The genotype possesses broad, medium-sized, smooth and straight leaves. It shows the best result when it is sown between 10 to 25 November. Features that make it a good variety of wheat are the following:
- It has an average yield of 57 q/ha and a potential yield of 75.5 q/ha.
- The seeds mature in 115-125 days.
- The variety shows a strong drought-resistant capacity and therefore only 3-5 irrigations are enough.
- It is resistant to stem and leaf rust.
- It is also resistant against Ocher and Karnal bunt diseases.
- Puja Tejas is recognized as a nutrient-rich variety as it contains high content of protein, iron, zinc and vitamin A.
- It makes perfect noodles, pasta and macaroni along with chapati.
Now having gone through the blog, take early decisions to obtain the high return from wheat production. Padcorp established in 1960, is the most trusted manufacturer of farming tools and equipment is there for you to help you at each step.