7 WINTER SEASON CROPS THAT YOU CAN GROW IN INDIA
Rabi crops, also known as Rabi harvests, are crops that are planted during the winter or cold season. In the spring, they are harvested. Rabi is an Arabic term that means “spring.” As a result, the word “Rabi” is often used in the subcontinent. Rabi is harvested in our subcontinent between November and April. The rainwater gathered this season is the primary source of water for these plants.
Some famous rabi crops and vegetables which are grown in the winter season are mentioned here:-
- Wheat: After rice, wheat is the country’s second most important food crop in terms of both acreage and production. It covers 26 per cent of the country’s total land area and produces 36.5 per cent of the country’s total cereal production. India is the world’s second-largest wheat producer, accounting for about 13% of total land and 12% of global wheat production. WATER PUMPS AND GENERATORS are manufactured by the PADCORP which enhances the experience of the farmers during agriculture and farming of the crops.
- Pulses: Pulses are annual crops that produce one to twelve grains or seeds per year. The term “pulses” refers to crops that are only harvested as dried grains, as opposed to other vegetable crops that are picked while still green. MULCHING SHEETS of PADCORP Company are protective covers that are used to reduce the effects of the weather. These covers are utilized at the start of the vegetative season and stretch to the ground. It not only regulates moisture content, but also humidity and carbon dioxide levels, as well as creates the correct temperature and microclimate for the crops. It suppresses weeds and reduces the amount of energy they receive. It not only prevents soil erosion but also keeps its saltiness. Fertilizer waste must be avoided. It boosts crop production by germination of seeds.
- Peas: Peas are annual plants with a one-year life cycle. They are a cool-season crop that can be planted from winter to early summer in many regions of the world. Manual Hand Sprayer by Padcorp Company is utilized for the farming of the peas in kitchen gardens by small farmers.
- Carrots: Do you believe that winter in India is incomplete without Gajar ka Halwa? You don’t have to share Bugs Bunny’s DNA to enjoy these ready-to-eat delights. Carrots are known to aid in the improvement and maintenance of vision, as well as lowering blood cholesterol levels. Carrots are high in antioxidants, which help with weight loss as well as lowering the chance of life-threatening diseases like cancer. SPARK BATTERY PUMP SPRAYER manufactured by the Padcorp company can be used by the small kitchen garden farmers for spraying the pests in their garden which protects the carrots from insects and fungus.
- Onions: We’ve had a love-hate relationship with onions for a long time, especially with the price swings over the last few years. Onion is one of the easiest crops to grow, not just in the winter but throughout the year. Don’t be fooled by their awful odour or capacity to make you cry; these small bulbs are high in Vitamin C, which helps to keep your immune system in good shape. SEEDING MACHINE will help the farmer in the farming process with its uniqueness.
- Radish: Radish, another winter favorite, is a must-have in most households throughout the colder months. The radish is a food that does not go to waste, whether it is in Mooli ke Paranthe or in a delightful vegetable created with its leaves. PRUNING SECATURE made by Padcorp is useful for the farming of the Radish in the kitchen garden.
- Spinach: You must be living under a rock if you haven’t heard of spinach, the king of the leafy greens. Did you know that spinach contains iron, which is essential for the proper functioning of our red blood cells? Every critical life-sustaining action is carried out by these small red blood cells, from delivering oxygen throughout the body to DNA synthesis. KHURPA, FOLDING SAWS, HEDGE SHEAR, CULTIVATOR PANJA 3-TEETH, etc are small gardening tools that are manufactured by Padcorp Company and utilized by the kitchen garden farmers for growing spinach.
Agriculture is a crucial component of smart development. Any state’s ability to feed its population is crucial to its independence. In Pune, PADCORP is a well-known manufacturer of agricultural tools and equipment. It aids farmers by providing low-cost, cutting-edge technology that streamlines their farming practices. It has worked for the upliftment and empowerment of India’s tiny villages for the past 60 years. Padcorp‘s Farming products and services are used by thousands of farmers.